Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Observations from Daily Readings (through Ezekiel)


I passed by one of our team leaders (Mary) two Sundays ago, and she asked me, "So are you keeping up in the reading?!" I was so glad for the challenge to stay current. Accountability helps all of us stay faithful in our commitments; never apologize for keeping people accountable! Thank you Mary!

More observations:
  • Alisa wrote in an email, " I was fascinated to read about Ezekiel's calling to lay on his side for a year! Quite honestly, I do not know if I ever read that story before!" 
  • A phrase written many times in Ezekiel -  “And they will know that I am God.” This is God's desire, that all people would know Him and worship Him. John Piper, a pastor and theologian in MN, says that "Missions exists because worship doesn’t." 
  • Ezekiel really brings out the color of God's words by dramatizing it. What are we doing in our lives to bring out the color of God's Word to our world?
  • Jeremiah ends with a very bright passage talking about the depth of God’s love as being deeper than the ocean. We are so thankful that God's love and mercy never ends, and His forgiveness is deeper than our sin!

No comments:

Post a Comment